Friday, May 05, 2006

New Project Part X

I just finished leaf surface number five on the back side. I have the most challenging leaf surfaces ahead of me as I begin to work on the rim. I'll have to be extra careful about where I apply pressure and how the bowl is placed on the work bench. I also went a little thin on these leaves, so I'm going to have to watch what I'm doing if I don't want to end up with a bunch of bug bits in the leaves. This is the top side as it's shaping up.

The backside is also coming along nicely. I just finished the bottom-most leaf this evening.

Previous posts in this series, beginning on January 3, 2006: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, and Part IX.

No comments: