Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to Carving (New Project Part IX)

Finally! My surgery wound is healed enough that I could take the dressing off as of Monday. I can wear my shop glasses again, and today I had time to get back to the carving bench. Hurray!!!!!




Here's the top side of my oak leaf carving. This is from African sumac, and you can chase back through my archives to find "New Project Parts I - VIII; I've added the links at the end of this post). There are 10 leaves on this project, and I've finished all of the top, and am now working on the back side.








I'm just about done with the second leaf on the back side (that's the one on the left that looks like it's about done). I need to run a ceramic stone over the surface and then do the final sanding.







Previous posts in this series, beginning on January 3, 2006: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII, and Part VIII.

No comments: