Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm a cover girl!


The May 2006 issue of The Crafts Report features my work on the cover. This is a poor reproduction of the cover. If I receive a better digital image from the magazine, I'll repost the photo. The piece is called, "The Glory of Autumn No. 3." Here's the blurb that goes along with the cover:
ON THE COVER: "The Glory of Autumn No. 3," by Ohio-based artist Andi Wolfe (from the collection of Dave Long). This carved maple bowl measures 4.25 X 4.25 inches, and features maple leaves in their autumn colors. This view is from the bottom of the bowl looking up through the interior toward the opening. Wolfe is a botanist at The Ohio State University who has a passion for wood. Her work features botanical inspirations from visible to microscopic levels and is available through del Mano Gallery, Douglas-Baker Gallery, The American Art Company, and Real Mother Goose Gallery. For more information about her work, visit her website, www.AndiWolfe.com, or her blog, http://AndiWolfe.blogspot.com.






Here are the views that I think show the piece to better effect.













And here are a couple of close-up pics to show some details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey -- you'd better watch out! you're becoming so famous that the paparazzi (or maybe paparazzo) will be hiding out in your tulips!

a BIG congrats on the Cover -- the pictures are cool even on the web.

e

Andi Wolfe said...

Thanks, e!

I don't think the paparazzi are going to be cruising my neighborhood. If they do, I'll set the dogs to work ;-)

I took a bunch of pics today on my walk through the Park of Roses. I'll post those pics later.