Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Beware the Ides of March

Julius Caesar had much more to worry about way back in 44 BC. We just had a light snowfall this morning, which was actually very nice to have with the sunshine. It melted off in just a couple of hours, but it was pretty while it lasted.


My daffodils are going to bloom very soon. The snow doesn't seem to bother them too much. I saw some miniature daffodils in bloom around Mirror Lake on the OSU campus. I didn't have my camera with me, or I would have taken their picture, too.


I always like how snow looks on evergreen foliage.


This picture reminds me that I should cut down the ornamental grass so the birds have nesting material. We have house sparrows wanting to nest on our upstairs windowsills. I don't care about supporting them, but I do like to make nesting material available to the cardinals and house wrens.


I snapped this picture when I came back from walking Meghan to her school bus stop. It was all gone within half an hour after the photo was taken.

No comments: