Monday, August 08, 2011

Dublin Irish fest teaser

Gaelic Storm by andiwolfe
Gaelic Storm, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.
It will take a long time for me to sort through my photos and videos from this past weekend. However, here are a few that I've already processed, starting with Steve Twigger of Gaelic Storm.

The festival was awesome, as usual. We did have a bit of a challenge with a big storm yesterday afternoon. However, I have about a half an hour of cool videos of the best session in the region. I'll be posting those on YouTube this week and linking here on the blog.

Young Dubliners

This is Brendan Holmes from the Young Dubliners. I'm finding that I really enjoy doing photography at the Celtic Rock stage. Brendan struck up a conversation with me about the lens I had on my camera. It turns out that he's a Canon shooter, too, and I had my Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8 L lens on my 7D. Surprisingly, that lens attracted a lot of conversations with band members, sound crew and others associated with the rock stage. A bonus, for sure.

Tommy Sutherland of the Elders. He is definitely passionate about the music.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great shots. Can't wait to see the videos.