Friday, December 31, 2010

Winter sunset, and goodbye to 2010


Winter sunset, originally uploaded by andiwolfe.

Every year seems to go by just a little faster. I wonder if that is because I'm so busy, or if I'm losing track of time as the years go by. Probably a bit of both.

It was a very busy year from all perspectives: work, home, woodturning, photography, music, family dogs. Some of the highlights this year include the adoption of our two youngest dachshunds, Luna and Topper. Having three dachshunds in the house is a lot of fun. My field season in South Africa was also a big highlight - especially the opportunity to go camping with Dennis and Gigi Laidler, and that Steve was able to join me in the field for 10 days. That was his first trip to South Africa and my ninth field season there.

I'm always glad to start a new year, though, and I'm looking forward to the opportunities that will come in 2011. I have a lot of interesting research going on in my lab right now, which should come to fruition during 2011. I'm working on some fun sculptural turnings when I have some blocks of time at home, and I'm really looking forward to playing the new set list with Aisling at our concert at the Upper Arlington Public Library in April.

I hope all my online friends and acquaintances have a happy and prosperous 2011. Happy New Year!

No comments: