Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Washington Monument


Washington Monument, originally uploaded by andiwolfe.

I'm in the Washington DC area for the rest of the week, doing my scientific civic service. I had some time yesterday to walk the Mall and to visit a couple of museums. I took my tripod with me with the intent to try some HDR photo processing, knowing the lighting wouldn't be all that favorable by the time I arrived in DC. This is my first attempt at tonemapping a photo.

I did a lot of walking yesterday, spending most of my time on the mall rather than in museums. I did visit the natural history museum to see what their Darwin exhibit included - not all that impressive, I'm disappointed to report. The highlight of the natural history museum was their butterfly exhibit.

I also visited the Air and Space museum, not having been there in more than a decade. I went to see Alan Bean's paintings, and they were definitely worth seeing in person.

No comments: