Monday, July 09, 2007

Utah 2007, Day 1

I flew to Salt Lake City on June 17th with the intent of doing some birding in the early afternoon while waiting for Dennis and Gigi Laidler's plane to arrive that evening. We were then to drive down to Provo to stay for the week, taking in some sights in Provo and then attending the Utah Woodturning Symposium. Alas! Their plane from JFK to SLC was cancelled and they were stranded in the big city for the night.



I changed my plan to stay in the Salt Lake City Area and drove through the Wasatch range down to Provo. I did stop at a state park to do some birding, though.

This is a California Gull.









Here's a Western Kingbird.














Brewster's blackbird.

2 comments:

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Just found your blog - great pix. Tagging you for the Eight Random Facts meme going around the birding blogosphere.
Check out my blog for rules, et al.

Andi Wolfe said...

Cool - tnx! I'll play this game when I get back from my trip.