Sunday, January 07, 2007

End of 2006 pics

I've not felt much up to posting this past week. With vacation ending and school beginning, I've not had much time to do much extra stuff. The house is back to being a wreck because I'm too busy to tidy up each day. Sigh. Life in the fastlane, I suppose.

At any rate, here are the last pics from 2006 and then I have a couple of new posts to add here and on Emma's blog.






This was our Christmas tree this year. It's still up and at the rate I'm going, I won't have to decorate much for next Christmas. I don't know when I'll have time to repack the decorations.













Steve had a late start on carving pencils this year, so he worked on several over the holiday break. You can see the one's he completed on his blog.








On Dec 29, the whole family went to Grigg's reservoir so Steve could play with his panorama software some more. He's been taking a lot of photos and stitching them together into 360° panoramas.

It was a nice day and it was great to see Richard having a good time in the sunshine.













While Steve was busy with his camera and tripod, I snapped a family photo of the kids and dogs. It's rare that I have everyone together at the same time, so I enjoyed this day, too.













Most of the trees at Grigg's reservoir have this nasty stuff (poison ivy) growing on them.
















Just below the dam the Scioto River resumes it's course. We've had a lot of rain this winter and the water is running pretty high.








There's a frisbee golf course along the river below the dam. You have to watch out for flying objects when you walk here.








Richard thought the course would be a great place for Emma to run, but she had other ideas as for what the grass was best suited. Richard was over supplied with doggie doo clean-up stuff. Emma's looking at him and probably thinking to herself, "I'm only a small dog that produces a small pile. Get over it, man!"







Some of the dead leaves composting along the river.

No comments: