Monday, October 09, 2006

Off to South Africa

Today is my one year anniversary for my weblog. I started it just before heading to Australia last year for a woodturning/botany trip. This morning I'm heading to South Africa for a botany/woodturning trip. There is a difference between those two designations. In Australia my trip was paid for through woodturning, but I was able to do some botanical research throughout the trip. This month's trip to South Africa is for my field season where I will work on my research project for Hyobanche. However, I'll be based in Cape Town and will have lots of opportunities to visit my woodturning friends at the Western Cape Woodturners Association.


This photo is one of my favorite scenes in South Africa. It was taken in Garden Castle National Park in the Drakensberg of Kwazulu-Natal in 1999. I won't be heading that direction during this field season, but I'll be seeing plenty of beautiful scenery.

I'll post to my blog as time and internet access allows. Please send good thoughts my way.

No comments: