Saturday, October 21, 2006

More interaction with the Western Cape Woodturners Association

I'm way behind on my blogging, but that's because I've been doing what I'm supposed to do while in South Africa - namely, collecting plants for my research projects. Here are a few pictures from the past week where I had time in the evenings to visit my woodturning friends.




Here's Bert Parker doing his duty at the Waterfront Woodturners stall. He had just received a copy of Woodturning Magazine and he showed me the article where my "Quercus rubra" piece was featured.








Last Saturday, some of the WCWA members took me to dinner at the Cape Town Fish Market to celebrate my birthday (a few days late, but that's ok by me). Here are Izak and Catherine Cronje.










L to R: Nick Laidler, Gigi Laidler, and Gerry (can't remember his last name -sorry).












Esprit Heestand and Dennis Laidler.















My self-portrait. Am I enjoying the South African wines? Yes!









On Wednesday evening, Gigi fetched Esprit and I after we had processed all the day's specimens and we caught the tail end of the Western Cape Woodturners Association meeting. There was a good turnout for a chainsaw demonstration given by the local Stihl distributor.

No comments: