Friday, February 14, 2014

Faces of China - Changsha

Faces of China - Changsha by andiwolfe
Faces of China - Changsha, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.
While visiting Hunan Province last fall, I did a series of street portraits for my Faces of China project. I met this man in a pedestrian tunnel under a very busy and wide street in Changsha. He was selling fruit at the bottom of the stairs.

What this photo tells me is that a smile is the universal language of all humanity. I connected with him by smiling and pointing to my camera and then to my face. He nodded and smiled, and then we had a lovely exchange while I made this photo. He was amused by the image I showed him on the camera LCD, too.

Via Flickr:
While visiting Hunan Province last fall, I did a series of street portraits. I met this man in a tunnel running under a main street. He was selling fruit at the bottom of the stairs.

No comments: