Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pick n Pay

Pick n Pay by andiwolfe
Pick n Pay, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.
Most of my trips to South Africa have included some down time in Cape Town. My 2013 field season was just too short, and chock full of travel and camping to distant parts of South Africa, so I didn't get to the waterfront until the day before I flew home.

My reason for the visit was to purchase a few gifts, and to buy myself a pair of crocs - wonderful inventions for camping. My friends, Dennis and Gigi, wore crocs around the campsite, after a long day of work. They're great for slipping on and off and for not having to take a few minutes to unlace hiking boots before crawling into a tent.

While we were at the mall, I took a few street photos as we were waiting for Gigi to finish some grocery shopping. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my Fuji XE-1, but it has a nice monochrome conversion setting, which is what I used here.

No comments: