Monday, May 02, 2011

Blowing in the wind


Blowing in the wind, originally uploaded by andiwolfe.

April was the rainiest month I can remember having since moving to Ohio. There were just a few days where we had sunshine or partial clouds in the sky. This image was captured April 21, 2011 -- one of the few days where it was sunny outside and Steve and I could take a walk around the neighborhood.

It was sunny, but the wind was pretty fierce, which made photography a bit more challenging than usual. I was glad to see the maples in flower and on their way to fruiting. When I first started studying botany, I was really intrigued that our hardwood trees were classified as angiosperms (flowering plants). From that point on I made an effort to see the flowers of all the trees in the eastern deciduous biome. It's a habit that is ingrained in me now, and I look forward to spring just to see the beautiful spring ephemerals and the trees in bloom.

No comments: