Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Home again

I arrived home yesterday morning. Nothing much happened while I was away except that Meghan and Richard both came down with pneumonia and Emma suffered from chocolate poisoning. Kids, chocolates and dogs don't mix! Emma is ok now. She didn't eat enough of that chocolate bunny to kill her, but she had a rough night on Monday as did Steve who stayed up with her. I'll try to remember all this before planning another long trip overseas. . .

I have another week's worth of posts to finish out the Australia and Hawaii sagas. Some science, more turning, and a lot more birds. Stay tuned . . .

For now, I'm heading back to work today to catch up on some of the backlog. I have a gazillion grant proposals to read and review, preparations to make for teaching, and all that other stuff that academics do in the real world. I'll think back on the lovely times I had in Australia and Hawaii when reality starts to wear me down. Thanks to everyone in Hawaii and Australia who enriched my life over the past three weeks. I have some wonderful memories of interesting people, places, and birds to carry me through for a long while.

No comments: