Thursday, April 26, 2007

Big Island Woodturners - Part IV

I can't believe how long it is taking me to catch up on my blog after returning home from my trip to Australia and Hawaii. I'm in Washington, DC right now on business. I'm going to finish off the last posts from my trip over the weekend - I promise!

This posting is on my hands-on class with the Big Island Woodturners, which took place on April 8th.




Everyone was so intent on their work that it was one of the quietest days I've had in teaching.










We had a good breeze moving the smoke out of the shop. I think everyone enjoyed working out texturing patterns on their sampler boards.









The Big Island Woodturners has a couple of display frames showing the woods of Hawaii. I really enjoyed looking at all the variations in grain, color and figure.








All that concentration paid off. Everyone had a beautiful sample board at the end of the day.









Here's my class. After two weeks plus, I've forgotten names of some of the turners I spent time with. Am I getting old, or is it just I'm too busy to keep details straight? I don't know.

L to R as I recall: Russell, Dave, ?, Milly, Pat, and Rick.







Yep, island life could be easy to take. . .

No comments: