Monday, December 23, 2013

Season's Greetings

Season's Greetings by andiwolfe
Season's Greetings, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm taking a few days to spend at home for the holidays. I had such a wonderful autumn, first doing an incredible field season in South Africa with my good friends, Dennis and Gigi Laidler. Two more wonderful international trips (Australia and China) followed soon thereafter.

The travel was exciting, productive, and fun, but it left me so far behind on everything else in my life. I have mostly caught up at work (gearing up to teach a double load in spring semester to make up for the time off to do my field season), but I still have a lot to do at home to make up for two months of travel. So, I'm very much looking forward to being home this week, spending time with family, my dogs, and, I hope, some quality time in my workshop. I want to do some carving and turning again - this will be my best chance to make some art to end 2013 with a smile on my face. I'm ready for my self-imposed wood sabbatical to end...

I do hope that 2014 brings all of you great joy and prosperity. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

No comments: