Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ICM: Goldenrod at sunset

ICM: Goldenrod at sunset by andiwolfe
ICM: Goldenrod at sunset, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

I love the paintings by French Impressionists - especially Monet, Renoir, Manet, Degas, Cezanne, etc. The colors are so vibrant and the techniques for applying the paints to create beautiful textures and patterns that resolve into scenes were masterful manipulations of the eye/brain connection of visual perception.

When I do intentional camera movement techniques with my camera, I have in mind this manipulation of visual perception. In this photo I moved from top to bottom during the exposure. I wanted to preserve the upper points of the goldenrod inflorescences while adding the motion blur. The light was hitting just the top of the flowers, which adds to the dynamic of this exposure.

No comments: