Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Young Dubliners

The Young Dubliners by andiwolfe
The Young Dubliners, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

L to R: Keith Roberts and Brendan Holmes. Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy doing photography at the Celtic Rock stage at the Dublin Irish Festival each year? Well, it's one of the highlights of the year for me. The lighting is spectacular, the bands are high energy and always put on a great show. The Young Dubliners are pretty much my favorite band at the Dublin Fest each time they appear, and it's not just because of the music.

Brendan Holmes is a photographer in addition to being a Celtic rock star, and he's a Canon shooter. I met him last year, backstage at the Celtic Rock stage, when he came over to admire my Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8 ISM II USM lens. He's fun to talk to, as are the rest of the band members. I hope they come back to Dublin often!

No comments: