Monday, February 13, 2012

Light and shadows

Light and shadows by andiwolfe
Light and shadows, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

Yesterday, Steve and I went to Whetstone Park of Roses for a couple of hours of frigid photography. The temperature was in the low 20's (°F) with a wind chill factor much lower than that. It was sufficiently cold that I wore my heavy down jacket, several layers of technical cold-weather clothes, plus the down pants I used in the Himalayas. I was quite comfortable, all-on-all, and even became overheated toward the end of our photo shoot.

I wanted to experiment with light and shadows on snow, and the sun came out just for the occasion. In this photo, the shadow of the tree on the snowy slope plays against the sky and the actual tree itself. The color photo is beautiful, but I thought monochrome would be a bit more dramatic.

No comments: