Friday, September 02, 2011

Portrait of a Maine Master Guide

Maine Master Guide by andiwolfe
Maine Master Guide, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

Steve and I did a lot of exploring of coastal areas while we were in Maine. One of our later afternoon, early evening stops was at a place called Ducktrap. It wasn't far from where we stayed for most of the week, and it came highly recommended by our B&B host.

While we were birding and doing some photography, we encountered Dave McPheters, one of the Maine Masterguides of the region. I didn't see him listed on the currect roster that's on the website, but that seems to be out of date by a few years anyway. Mr. McPheters was a very interesting character. He gave us some background on what he does as a master guide, and we talked about the birds we had seen and what we had been photographing while on vacation.

I asked if I could do a portrait of him. He has such an interesting face - weathered from being outdoors so many years, I'm sure. I'll have to figure out how to get a copy to him. The card I have doesn't list an email address.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image!

with that face, an email address would be unexpected :>)
e