Sunday, July 31, 2011

Misty morning

Misty morning by andiwolfe
Misty morning, a photo by andiwolfe on Flickr.

There's something magical about walking in a forest during a morning fog. The promise of sunshine peaks through the tips of the trees whilst the droplets cling to the ferns and understory layers. Jewels of mist gather on stray tendrils of hair around my face and it feels so mystical to see the muted shades of green and brown hidden in a veil of mist. One's senses become attuned to sounds rather than sights and the scents of the forest become more acute as well. Nature offers the best cathedrals, I think.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Your deliciously descriptive words couldn't be more perfect to read on a hot summer day. I can picture myself walking along this trail and feel the cool morning fog.

Andi Wolfe said...

Thanks, Annie. I'm missing the cool weather of the Oregon coast.