Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to analog - jalopy


Back to analogy - jalopy, originally uploaded by andiwolfe.

One of my first film photos in decades. Steve bought me an Canon EOS 620 that works with my current lenses. This image is from the first roll of film I shot to see how the camera works. It's so weird to go back to film again. I keep looking at the back of the camera to check my histograms and image. Weird, eh?

Shooting film does bring back the carefulness in framing a shot and the anticipation of of surprises to see what the film reveals. I used Tri-X 400 film, aperture priority with f 8.0.

2 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

oh deer oh deer!!!!

what you really want is a manual focus film camera :D

so do you have a scanner?

to sometimes try and get the discipline I stick the camera in black & white mode and put a prime lens on it!

Andi Wolfe said...

Hi Pete -

I have a really good scanner that accepts film as well as slides. Right now I'm using a 50 mm prime lens, but this camera works with all my Canon lenses. I'll try it this weekend with the EF 24-105 f4.0 L and with the EF 100-400 f4.0/5.6 L. We're going to see the huge gathering of sandhill cranes over in Indiana.