Monday, May 04, 2009

In Kathmandu

Greetings from Nepal. I'm sitting in the New Orleans cafe in Thamel. I slept ok last night and we're exploring the tourist district this morning.

Now that I've met all the other participants, I'm even more excited about this trek/workshop. It's a great group of people, and I really like that we're from the states, Canada, and Germany.

Thamel is a crazy place to walk through. You're constantly accosted by "tour guides" and hawkers,shop owners, taxi and rickshaw drivers - everyone wants to separate tourists from their money.

We'll be doing a tour later today. I hope my energy lasts.

Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

www.ourexplorer.com said...

Nepal is heaven for trekking. Hope you've had a great tour.

Street guides etc. may have nice one, but it's too dependent on luck. And most of the time, annoying.

Next time you may check out professional tour guides in advance at our site, OurExplorer.com. Happy Exploring!

OurExplorer - Travel through the eyes of a local