Friday, December 09, 2005

First snow of season



We've had our first snow dump of the season. It's not the first of the year, of course, since that happened back in January. We were supposed to get 3 - 5 inches, and we were on the short side of that prediction. Schools in our neighborhood weren't closed, so I drove the kids in this morning rather than making them wade through the cold stuff. No one clears their sidewalks around here except us.

The snowblower I bought for Steve worked pretty well, but Steve's hands got too cold. He doesn't have the right kind of gloves for snow. He blames it on Richard.



I haven't had time to cut up the ginkgo logs as of yet. I think the snow will keep them safe for a few more days. I have a woodturning friend coming over this Sunday to help me saw them up into usable sections. The good news is that my van no longer has "Ode to Ginkgo" wafting about. It took just a few days for the odor to dissipate.

No comments: